Lazy Sunday morning at Blackbird Cafe

{ Singapore - November 2011 }


Nothing like a cup of coffee to start the day, although the day started pretty late on the lazy Sunday morning that we were having brunch at Blackbird Cafe. Ordered a cup of Cafe Vienna - espresso with whipped cream - that I had come to love during my years in Australia. There are not that many places in Singapore that serves coffee this way, but Blackbird Cafe, a New Zealand cafe, does. The coffee beans were imported from Wellington, and were pretty good.


The brunch menu was pretty simple, but good enough for me. We ordered Eggs Benny (normally known as Eggs Benedict) with poached eggs on English muffin with hollandaise sauce. I liked how the simple ingredients could have such an interesting taste. Believe it or not, this was the first time I had a proper Eggs Benedict! We also ordered the Blackbird Big Brekkie with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cake, tomato, baked beans and sourdough bread. The Big Brekkie would be good for those who love a hearty breakfast or brunch.

The cozy cafe has a simple setting, with some outdoor seats. With good food and great coffee, I think I would be back, even if it is only for a cup of Cafe Vienna.

::: Footnotes :::

Blackbird Cafe
6 Handy Road, Singapore
+65-6337 3448
Sunday brunch from 10am to 3pm
Found their Facebook page, but not a website. 

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children