Bidding farewell to the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station

On 1 July 2011, another chapter in the Malaysia-Singapore history was closed. The Tanjong Pagar Railway Station was officially closed after 79 years of operation. On the weekend before it closed, we visited the station hoping to capture what we could before it became another well-preserved but non-operational national monument.


The one and only time that I had ever taken a train out from Singapore to Malaysia was about 10 years ago. It was also the first time I had ever taken a train on the Malaysian railway - KTM. The journey was over the night and it felt long as I could not sleep, but we reached Kuala Lumpur bright and early the next morning.

My experience would be extremely insignificant if compared to some of the memories of the people who worked there and taken countless of trains from the railway station. Like the man I captured in my previous post, and all those who had loved and enjoyed a taste of Malaysia in the bustling food area.


And this says it all...

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children