Missed (and almost missed) flights

In the spirit of my missed flight on Christmas eve, I started thinking about all the other times that I had missed, or almost missed my flights...

  • Vientiane, Laos on August 2010 - Missed the connecting flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore when the flight from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur was delayed for more than two hours. Ended up staying overnight in Kuala Lumpur before flying off the next morning. Wrote about the adventure here!
  • USA on October 2008 - The flights were from Orlando, Florida to JFK Airport in New York, with connecting flight to Singapore. The connection was too close and the terminals were too far apart. Missed the connection and had to wait for 24 hours for the next flight. Stayed in an airport nearby for the night and spent the next day in JFK until the evening flight home.
  • Australia in 2002 or 2003 - During my study break when I was in Canberra, the flight home was Canberra - Sydney - Singapore - Penang. The Sydney to Singapore flight was delayed due to technical problem and missed the connecting flight to Penang. Luckily, Singapore Airlines provided accommodation, dinner and transportation for the night before arranging for the next morning's flight. 
  • Singapore 1999 or 2000 - Almost missed the flight from Singapore to Penang as I was late for check-in. Had to beg the kind lady at the Singapore Air counter to let me check-in. She allowed me to check-in with my luggage but warned me that the luggage may not arrive on time. Had to ran to the get in order to make the flight. Luckily, my luggage was on the same flight as me. 
  • On another flight from Australia to Penang during my studies in Australia, my baggage did not come out from the conveyor belt. It was stranded in Kuala Lumpur on my Sydney - Kuala Lumpur - Penang flight. The airline sent my lost luggage to my house the day after.
Luckily, most of the flights I had missed was due to the airline, in one way or the other. So, in a way, it was the first time that I overslept and missed my flight. Hopefully, it will also be the last time.

{ Photo is from We Heart It }

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children