A 12-day trip across Turkey


View Turkey in a larger map

I finally managed to figure out how to edit and embed Google Earth into the blog! Google Earth is really great! Anyway, back to my main point...

My boyfriend and I went to Turkey from 30 Oct to 11 Nov 2009. With a total of 13 days with 12 days in Turkey, it definitely took quite a number of my annual leave! Whenever we tell people that we are going to Turkey, they will naturally ask "Why Turkey?". To tell you the truth, I never thought of going to Turkey before this. Mainly because I did not really know what Turkey has to offer. However, the more I read about the country, the more I realised that it has almost everything that I would love in a holiday - great friendly people, rich in culture, amazing and long history with lots of cultural and historical sites as well as amazing scenery and landscapes. What more could you ask for in a holiday?

And I am glad to report that Turkey did not disappoint! It is an amazing country and it lived up to the expectations! Travelled around Istanbul, Pergamun, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Antalya and Cappadocia as shown in the map. We travelled free and easy, with day tours on some days. All in all, it was a great holiday. Photos and some musings to come along in the next posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children